If you tend to reach for that snooze button on your alarm, you may be interested to know how you can be more naturally energised in the mornings and become that happy chappy morning person you’ve always envied.
Our bodies become extremely dehydrated after a night’s sleep. Refuelling our body with a glass of water as soon as we wake up is the easiest way to feel more alert and awake.
A few other benefits of drinking water in the mornings include;
1. Kickstarts the metabolism, which assists in weight loss.
2. Flushes body waste and other toxins.
3. Helps the body absorb essential nutrients throughout the day.
Top Tip – If you struggle to drink water in the morning, try adding lemon or another fruit to it for a fruity, refreshing taste. Alternatively you could start the day with a herbal tea or black coffee.
Check out T2 ‘Wakey Wakey‘ loose leaf tea blend that will have you supercharged and ready to go.
2. Let there be light
Natural sunlight increases endorphins also known as the ‘happy hormones’. Accessing natural sunlight early after you wake up will increase your mood therefore increasing your focus and preparing you for the day ahead.
Increase your morning sun exposure by eating breakfast outside or going for a short morning walk. Keep in mind It is important to protect your skin from the sun’s rays, even early in day. Check out these beauty products, essential to keeping your skin safe from the sun!
3. Move your body
Simply set aside 5 minutes after you wake up dedicated to stretching. Stretching in the morning will help release blood flow through your body. Stretching is also a good way to relive any tension that may have been caused by your sleep, setting you up for a good day ahead!
Blogilaties, has a short youtube video featuring 10 morning stretches that are easy to follow and are guaranteed to increase your energy.
If it is practical for you to walk or ride a bike to work, give it a go! It is a great way to get your body moving in the mornings and it also sneakily gets your daily exercise done for the day, leaving you with more time to relax after a big day!
4. Eat an energy rich breakfast
Each day you are given the opportunity to start a clean slate with your eating habits. Fuel your body at the beginning of everyday with wholesome foods.
Below are a few awesome energy boosting brekky ideas;
1. Oats topped with honey and banana. Oats are very filling, so they make a great breakfast. Bananas are an excellent source of B12 and Potassium, so adding adding them to your oats is a simple way of increasing your energy!
2. Eggs on toast. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, giving you sustainable energy.
3. Berry Smoothie. If you are looking for an on the go breakfast, try a berry smoothie. Including yogurt and strawberries to your smoothie mix will provide you with natural sugar and carbs to boost your energy levels for a sustainable breakfast.
5. Improve your sleeping habits
The best way to feel more naturally energised in the mornings is to ensure your body has had the rest it requires. Forming better sleeping habits will ensure you have a deep sleep allowing you to wake up feeling well rested and naturally energised.
Set a reasonable night time routine, which encourages you to go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time everyday.
Other healthy sleeping habits include screen free time at least an hour before you go to sleep. As well as preparing things for the following morning to reduce your stress. This makes it easier for you to fall asleep and wake up feeling naturally energised.