To celebrate the end of summer, the dating reviews website MyDatingAdviser.com has ranked the top skinny dipping locations across the globe and found that Australia is home to some of the best skinny dipping locations.
If you feel like having a skinny dip before the end of summer – some Australian swimming spots might be better than others for your next nudey swimming adventure.
To determine the best skinny dipping locations, MyDatingAdviser compared 100 nude beaches across the globe to determine the best locations to enjoy a skinny dip. They then ranked the top skinny dipping locations in Australia.
In this study, the beach quality, safety, weather, and lodging were taken into account. This was across 7 key metrics of skinny dipping friendliness: (1) pollution (2) Blue Flag status, (3) weather (4) air temperature, (5) water temperature, (6) safety, and (7) hotel cost.
Using the data points, each location has been given a ‘Skinny Dipping Index Score’. This represents the quality of the skinny dipping experience that you could have at the location.
Top 7 Skinny Dipping Spots in the Australia:
- Maslin Beach, suburb of Adelaide
Index Score: 72.75
- Wanggoolba Creek, Fraser Island
Index Score: 71.75
- Cronan Creek Falls, Mount Barney QLD
Index Score: 65
- Lady Bay Beach, New South Wales
Index Score: 60.75
- Tablelands, Queensland
Index Score: 59.25
- Karijini National Park, WA Pilbara region
Index Score: 54.25
- Cedar Creek Falls, Queensland
Index Score: 43
Please see the details here for the Australia swimming spots (you can also see the full data chart on the study with the 100 locations).
|Australia Rank||Global Rank||Swimming Spot||Address||IndexScore||Beach Quality||Weather||Safety Level||Hotel Cost|
|1||3||Maslin Beach||Maslin Beach SA 5170, Australia||72.75||6||16||23||64|
|2||4||Wanggoobla Creek||Fraser Island QLD 4581, Australia||71.75||13||17||27||56|
|3||11||Cronan Creek Falls||Mount Barney QLD 4287, Australia||65||33||1||28||78|
|4||20||Lady Bay Beach||New South Wales, Australia||60.75||15||12||59||71|
|6||40||Karijini National Park||Banjima Dr, Karijini WA 6751, Australia||54.25||9||66||51||57|
|7||66||Cedar Creek Falls||Cedar Creek QLD 4800, Australia||43||31||19||85||93|
Here are some tips for having a fun time skinny dipping:
- Be respectful and have discretion. Try not to traumatize any small kids. We agree the human body is a beautiful thing but give people the opportunity not to look at you if they don’t want to.
- Don’t forget sunscreen and bug spray. You don’t want to get a sunburn in that spot that usually doesn’t see the light of day.
- Don’t skinny dip drunk. A little liquid courage could help you get naked. But if you are completely drunk, it isn’t safe to swim and could land you in a dangerous situation.
- Beware of leeches. With a bathing suit, they are one thing, and when you are stark naked it’s another.
- Make sure your friends are comfortable. If everyone is happy to strip down, then go for it.
- Keep your eyes on people’s faces. Interact as you normally would and keep physical contact to a minimum.
- No photos. If only celebrities and politicians could learn this too.
- It’s not a big deal. Get over yourself and have fun. Remember that not even swimsuit models look like that in real life. So, relax and enjoy being naked.
Amy Pritchett, Managing Editor at MyDatingAdviser:
“This is my declaration to the world to have fun and skinny dip! The past year has been difficult and we have all experienced lockdown, grief, and disruption to our normal lives.
There is nothing more liberating and joyful than a skinny dip. If you have the opportunity to visit a beautiful skinny dipping spot, then it’s worth stripping down, enjoying nature, and having a splash! Remember it’s not a big deal, and if the water is cold, even better!”
To view the best skinny dipping spots in (nearly) every country in the world view: https://mydatingadviser.com/best-nude-beaches-in-the-world/