Who doesn’t love mascara? Even if you are wearing a low-key, no make up look, you still put on mascara. In fact, if you opened your make-up bag now, how many open mascara’s would you have? To put it simply, many ladies feel naked without that swipe on their lashes, so we’ve put together a handy list to help ensure you look after your products and you’re always looking fabulous!
- If your lashes aren’t looking too crash hot, try using a primer before you apply your mascara. For an in depth treatment, comb through a little Vaseline before bed using a clean wand. This will make your lashes look and feel healthier and shinier.
- Many make up artists bend their wands slightly to get an angled brush. This makes application easier and allows you to reach the corners of your inner and outer lash line.
- If you prefer spidery lashes, a la Twiggy, over clumps, simply use a tissue to wipe any excess mascara off before applying.
- Swirl your wand rather than dunking it when dipping into the tube as this prevents additional air entering the product, drying it out and making it unstable.
- Need fuller looking lashes? Don’t forget to apply mascara to the topside of your lashes. This will automatically make your lashes look more voluminous. Or, just dust a small amount of baby powder over your lashes after your first coat. Allow to dry and then top with your second coat. This will make your lashes look fuller and often longer too.
Getting your mascara application right can ensure longevity, definition and great looking lashes. Make sure your product isn’t out of date – most mascaras only last 3-6 months.