Move over, spirulina—there’s a trendy new power green in town! The parsley family plant is packed with natural substances that help purify the bloodstream, aid in digestion, clear up skin problems, reverse bloating, kill cravings and incredibly hydrate your skin. In fact, if people knew all the potent healing properties of celery juice, it would be widely hailed as a miraculous superfood.
Plain, fresh celery juice is one of the most powerful and anti-inflammatory healing juices available to us. This clean, green drink is the very best way to start your day even if it may not be the most appetising food to fall in love with, it’s the new wellness tonic that people, including celebrities, can’t get enough of.
So don’t let the simplicity of the humble celery mask its strength because it’s one of the greatest healing tonics of all time. It has the power to starve viruses, mould, yeast, and unproductive bacteria that are present in the body and then flush their toxic debris from the gut, which are the root cause of inflammation, thus ridding the body of these toxins has the power to improve the elasticity of your skin, your digestion, mental acuity, immune system, and physical energy.
Celery is 95%water and when it comes to skin, hydration is key. Plus, with a high natural sodium content, celery juice raises stomach acid, which helps break down food – improving gut health and, in turn, lowering stress levels and brightening skin. What’s more? The magical drink is also loaded with vitamin A, which may positively affect hair, providing nourishment to the roots while also stimulating growth and overall texture.
Researches have proved that celery juice is rich in almost all necessary nutrients and regular intake of this fluid can help us get a number of benefits for our health, skin and hair.
10 Amazing Benefits of Celery Juice for Skin, Hair & Health
- Anti-aging: Celery is packed with a slew of vitamins that nourish the skin and make it appear younger and glowing. Vitamin K and C are highly beneficial for skin firmness and elasticity. Celery juice is loaded with vitamin A, B, C, K, niacin and folate, which are essential for repairing skin damages and beneficial for skin firmness and elasticity. These vitamins also help in producing collagen and nourishing our skin, thus, promoting smooth, young and wrinkle-free skin. Also, the numerous minerals in celery; calcium, potassium, magnesium, selenium etc., ensure your skin is bright and glowing.
- Weight loss: Celery juice is a natural diuretic and effective in flushing toxins out of the body and reducing stomach bloat. It also reduces cravings, by restoring adrenals and providing essential nutrients that the body needs.
- Anti-inflammatory: Flavonoids found in celery have anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation in the body is what can contribute to health problems.
- Natural diuretic: Celery has sodium and potassium, which helps regulate fluids in the body along with promoting urination.
- Controls dandruff: Because celery is so hydrating, it nourishes the skin of the scalp from within, which may keep dandruff at bay.
- Protects against digestive woes: Celery is high in fibre, which keeps you regular.
- Lower cholesterol: Studies have shown that drinking juice from two celery stocks is enough to reduce cholesterol by seven points. The same compound responsible for lowering blood pressure works to reduce cholesterol by amplifying steroid acids and secretion of bile.
- Lower blood pressure: Celery is rich in 3-n-butylphthalide, which is a compound known to reduce stress hormones in the body that are a contributing factor to high blood pressure.
- Highly detoxifying: This magical juice is extremely hydrating and alkaline, making it effective for balancing the body’s pH level and neutralising any acidity in the body.
- Reduces the risk of cancer: The high amounts of antioxidants help combat free radicals, which in turn betters general health and lowers chances of developing cancer. There are 8 types of anti-cancer substances present in celery juice that can keep cancer at bay.
How to prepare your Celery Skin & Body Tonic
Vitamix or NutriBullet 500ml – 750ml fresh celery juice – consume immediately and preferably on an empty stomach or on its own in-between meals (Top Juice is a great on-the-go option!)
Celery juice is most powerful when you drink it solo. Eating celery stalks, is not the same as drinking pure celery juice and you wouldn’t be able to receive all of its concentrated undiscovered cluster salts, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. When celery is juiced, its healing benefits become much more powerful and bioavailable. You’ll also be able to consume far more celery as juice than you would by eating it.
The ultra-low-calorie juice checks a lot of health boxes, and begs the question – should you add celery juice into your daily routine? With a slew of health benefits associated with it is celery juice, it’s a must – we’re convinced this is the one health trend that’s worth the hype.
Join BodyIQ for your customised bio-individual diet and lose up to 15kgs in 3 months without exercising!
Email [email protected] – for more info.
By Kinga Czekalski
BODYIQ Founder, Nutritionist & IFBB Figure Champion
Email: [email protected]
Website ‘Coming Soon’