We’re always on the lookout for the latest and most successful way to turn back the ticking clock of ageing. Within that, we’re buying expensive creams, lotions and potions, many of which don’t actually work. So, it might come as a surprise to realise that the most powerful tool you have in your anti-ageing armoury is actually your own hands. Yes, regular facial massage really could help you look younger.
There are many types of facial massage, but anything which gets the blood pumping and stimulates the growth of new collagen is going to give you benefits. There is one particular facial massage which is reputed to make you look younger in as little as two weeks, the Tanaka facial massage. This was invented by Yukuko Tanaka, a Japanese beautician, and it is designed to loosen up the facial muscles and therefore iron out any wrinkles you might have already. Whether you go for this particular facial massage or another derivative, the fact remains that massage is a fantastic tool for kicking out the effects of ageing. As you massage your facial area, you’re also pushing away toxins from your skin and allowing the body to rid them via the natural process.
You can make this part of your beauty routine at home, by learning a few moves yourself, or you can head to a spa or beautician’s salon and enjoy a professional facial massage, with a few minutes to really sit and relax. You might be surprised at how beneficial a facial massage can be. Let’s check out a few of those benefits now.
- Helps to Reduce Stress – Any type of massage is stress relieving because you’re sitting or laying down and having all that tension and pent up pressure rolled away. By the end, you’ll feel like you’re floating, and it’s quite impossible to feel any type of stress when you’re that chilled out!
- Makes Your Skin Glow – The fact that a massage helps to boost blood circulation in that particular area means that you will have a flushed, healthy-looking complexion, and that makes you glow. The more you have, the more you will glow!
- Can Correct Imbalanced Pigmentation – It’s normal to have a certain amount of pigmentation on your face, and this is down to several impurities which have built up in your skin, usually thanks to the environment and stressful life. This can also be due to the ageing process and a lack of collagen, compared to in your younger years. A regular facial massage can correct pigmentation, by boosting the body’s ability to rid itself of impurities and also by boosting collagen reserves.
- Repairs Broken Facial Capillaries – Many people suffer from broken capillaries, usually on the cheeks, and a regular facial massage can correct this problem, due to a boost in blood flow and extra collagen delivered to the area.
- Kicks Out Wrinkles – All of the above benefits help to create a more youthful canvas, all down to a boost in circulation and extra collagen. This gives you a greater amount of elasticity and therefore fewer wrinkles as a result.
You’re probably already looking for the nearest spa to book in for a facial massage!