Nobody wants to get old. This is something we can all agree on. Despite that, there is a clock that is forever ticking and there is nothing we can do to stop it.
It’s a depressing thought, I’m sure you’ll agree.
What we can do, however, is dull the sound, or slow it down. Anti-ageing is something we have all heard about and probably something we’ve all paid attention to. Do you wear sunscreen every time you go outside, to try and avoid signs of early ageing? Do you slather on all manner of potions every evening, promising you healthy, youthful skin? Whilst all of this will help, have you ever thought that maybe the secret to anti-ageing actually lies somewhere much more simple? It’s all about what you eat.
10 Superfoods to Slow Down The Aging Process
It’s really all about getting the right nutrition from your food, and the right vitamins to boost your skin, circulation, and collagen production. There are a few fantastic food choices to look into, and most of them can easily be incorporated into your day. Let’s explore some of the best.
- Watercress – Easy to incorporate into a sandwich or salad, watercress is packed with vitamins, including A, C, K, B, as well as calcium, potassium and manganese.
- Red Bell Pepper – This tasty addition to any type of stir fry or salad is fantastic for immune system boosting, thanks to the antioxidants, but it’s great for anti-aging, because of the vitamin C. Vitamin C, in particular, is great for boosting collagen.
- Papaya – Delicious and healthy, papaya is a veritable hotbed of vitamins, including A, B. C, K, and E, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. All of these are fantastic for reducing inflammation, whilst also boosting collagen. Papain is also included in papaya, an enzyme which is renowned for anti-aging properties.
- Blueberries – Delicious and easy to throw into yoghurt, granola, ice cream, and all manner of other delicious desserts, blueberries are right in antioxidants, and also works to reduce inflammation naturally.
- Broccoli – Stir fries, dinners, and basically every type of meal can incorporate broccoli easily, and it’s fantastic for reducing inflammation. In addition, broccoli is high in many vitamins, as well as helping with collagen production.
- Spinach – It’s time to listen to your parents and eat your greens! Spinach is fantastic for hydrating the body, boosting collagen, but also has a high antioxidant content, with vitamins A, C, E, and K.
- Nuts – You can easily munch on nuts as a snack or add them to your foods, and they are fantastic for overall health and wellbeing. High in vitamin E, nuts can repair skin issues, such as regenerating tissues and also help to protect against sun damage. In addition, you’re getting anti-inflammatory benefits too.
- Avocado – Another super-healthy food which isn’t difficult to incorporate into your diet, avocado is great at reducing inflammation, and also helps to regenerate cells, by getting rid of the old and leaving behind the new. Avocado has also been shown to help protect against skin damage.
- Sweet Potatoes – A great alternative to regular potatoes, the sweet option contains a powerful antioxidant and is high in vitamin A, which is ideal for anti-ageing endeavours. Skin elasticity is boosted, as well as cell production and turnover. Try making sweet potato chips for a delicious treat.
As you can see, none of these foods are particularly ‘out there’ or difficult to add to your daily diet. Throw a few of these into your day and you’ll start to see the anti-ageing difference!