When you’re new to the world of makeup, you’re likely to make many mistakes as you learn how to apply even the best quality brands. As any makeup artist will tell you, applying makeup should be fun and exciting, but if you’re anything like us, eyeshadow gets you down. But with more practise comes improvement, and we started a long time ago, so consider our pro tips next time you’re getting ready for a night out!
- Apply your eyeshadow after your foundation and before your mascara or eyeliner to avoid smudging, rubbing or mixing.
- Start with the lightest shade in your palette, brushing the eyeshadow gently from the inner corner of your eye to your brow line.
- Use a slightly darker shade and pat over your eyelid up to the crease of your eye.
- Use the darkest colour you wish to use for contouring. This means applying the shade to your upper lash line in the shape of a half-moon. Move from the inner corner of your eye to the outer corner, being careful to keep a steady hand.
- Now for the final touch. Use a clean eyeshadow brush (you can clean your brush with any hand sanitiser), and gently blend in the layers of eyeshadow you’ve applied. This will help your eyes to appear balanced, smooth, and professionally done!
We know how stressful eye makeup can be. That’s why starting with the basics is a great way to look good as you learn more advanced styles and techniques. To learn more about beauty basics, take a look at more of our blogs!